CURRENT READER POLL
PCT keeps a pulse on the industry with timely Reader Poll questions. Below is the most recent question for pest management professionals at www.pctonline.com:
Compared to two years ago (2013), in 2015 did you receive more or fewer service calls for termites?
READER POLL RESULTS
Here’s a look at results from a recent Reader Poll:
Which best describes your company’s business outlook for 2016?
31% I’m anticipating a record sales year. Happy days are here again!
47% I’m anticipating modest growth. Cautious optimism.
10% I’m anticipating sales to be flat. Some good, some bad.
6% I’m anticipating an overall decline in sales. Pessimism reigns.
3% I’m anticipating the bottom to drop out of the market. More misery.
3% I don’t have a clue what’s going to happen. Ignorance is bliss.
Source: PCT Reader Poll December 2015
The PCT staff has been busy this past year reporting on pest control industry news. Here’s a look at the most downloaded news and videos/podcasts, as reported by Google Analytics.
Most downloaded news stories:
- Study Examines Bed Bug Movement Between Apartments
- Rentokil to Acquire Steritech
- Terminix Acquires Alterra Pest Control
- NPMA Advocates Congress to Raise Section 179 Business Property Deduction
- Scotts LawnService to Merge with TruGreen
- Edge Pest Control Named to Inc.’s Fastest Growing Private Companies
- African Ant Found in Connecticut Structure
- N.C. Woman Awarded $100,000 in Bed Bug Suit
- Label Training For a New Generation of PMPs
- EPA Proposes Stronger Pesticide Standards
Most downloaded podcasts and videos:
- Trap Shy Rodents
- Terminix’s ‘Mosquitonado’ Ad Campaign
- Bed Bug Dispersion in Hotel Rooms
- Jim Nase on Electronic Trap Monitoring
- Rethinking Rodent Bait Station Placement
- Reading the Signs
- Bobby Corrigan Documentary — Chapter 1
- Video: Ants are Solid-Like and Liquid-Like
- On the Trail of Troublesome Rodents
- Bruce Carter on Ant Management
At NPMA PestWorld in October, PCT filmed videos from many of the pest control industry’s leading manufacturers. These informative videos featured the latest product developments at these companies, including new product introductions and enhancements to existing products. PCT has been posting these videos to our website. Click on the Media tab on PCT Online, or http://bit.ly/1LML7c3 to access the videos.