In June, PCT hosted its fourth Top 100 Awards Ceremony and Executive Summit, which was sponsored by Univar Environmental Sciences. The event is held every other year.
The two-day summit, held this year in San Diego, Calif., attracted representatives from 41 of the Top 100 companies. (At the 2014 event in San Antonio 42 companies attended; in 2012 in Chicago 41 companies were represented.)
The Top 100 firms in attendance represented about $4.5 billion in industry revenue. And since Rentokil NA purchased the Steritech Group in 2015, 9 of the top 10 companies were in attendance. Additionally, six of the companies ranked 91 to 100 traveled to San Diego for the event.
The Top 100 list, which ranks pest control firms by revenue, was featured in PCT’s 15th annual Top 100 issue in May.
Presentations and panel discussions were held at the US Grant Hotel, while the reception honoring the Top 100 companies took place at The Prado at Balboa Park. Speakers and sessions included:
- Strategic Analysis of U.S. Pest Control Market, Gary Curl, Specialty Consultants
- Market Predictions for 2016 and Beyond, Rich Kalik, Specialty Consultants
- Keynote Presentation: How to Generate Superior Profits by Leveraging 9 Sources of Competitive Advantage, Gary Williams, wRatings
- Top 100 Panel Discussion — State of the Mergers & Acquisitions Market: What Does the Future Hold?
- PPMA Consumer Focus Group Results: Shedding Light on Residential Buying Decisions, Cindy Mannes, PPMA
- Cocktail reception, dinner and Top 100 Awards Ceremony